Our skin is the largest organ in the body which consists of many layers. It is very complicated yet unique in many ways. It demands our attention and cares more than any organ of the body in both states of health and disease. Skin is divided into 3 layers, epidermis, dermis, and subcutis. Skin is a sensitive organ and anything that we eat for a particularly long time shows up on it. The phrase is too correct to say We are what we eat! As we all know that our cells replace themselves every 2-3 months, so whatever we fill our body with makes our skin and body.
But skin is not the organ for detoxification even though it sweats and throws off toxins in the form of sweat. The liver is the organ for Detoxification. It breaks all sorts of toxins in our body, which comes from food, medicines or alcohol, etc into smaller harmless substances and throws off the body safely. It is majorly the problem in liver functioning that we become a host for a number of illnesses like hormonal imbalance, fatigue, skin acne and other skin problems.
Similarly, our Digestive System also plays an important role in building up our skin, as sluggish digestion makes the body hold toxins for a longer period of time. This causes skin breakouts and faster aging. Other important organs responsible for detoxification are Kidneys as they filter out the entire blood. Learn more about Vedique Detofixication in 10 days from Experts.
Good News is that following a Detox Diet Regime regularly helps flush out toxins from our system and our body gets required rejuvenation. Once a week one should follow a Detox diet. But things do not work if one day a person follows a detox diet and the other 5 days he is eating unhealthy food! So apart from following a Detox one needs to take care of what one eats largely on all other days.
One should stop or remove the following food items from their diet permanently for curing Skin issues:-
- Bakery food items
- Refined Carbohydrates
- White Sugar and its products
- Processed Foods
- Red Meat
- Dairy products
- Wheat (gluten)
On the other hand, include these foods for helping the body to cure Skin problems:-
- Exercise is the best detoxification for the entire body, so 30-45 mins of it really help
- At least 2-3 liters of water per day to flush out toxins of the body
- Starting your day with warm water and lemon works great
- Choosing whole grains (Oatmeal, Brown rice, Quinoa, Barley, etc)
- Pick lean proteins (Egg whites, fish), lentils, and legumes
- Fresh and organically grown fruits and vegetables one should prefer
- Incorporate Vegetable Juices in your diet (Spinach, Amla, Beetroot, Cucumber, Carrots, Apple, Celery, etc)
- Choose Cold-pressed oils (Coconut, Olive, Rice bran, Mustard, etc)
- Consume a handful of Nuts and Seeds for munching (Almonds, Walnuts, Pistachio, Flax seeds, Sunflower seeds, Chia seeds, Pumpkin seeds, etc)
- Caffeine should be replaced by Green Tea (at least 2 cups per day)
Other Important Tips to follow:
Make sure to consult a Dermatologist when opting for Sunscreen, Cream, or any other supplements.
Make a habit of taking 8 hours of sleep
One can consult an Ayurvedic Doctor also for skin-related issues and take herbs accordingly.