To prevent your body from cold, flu, and other infections you need strong immunity. Feeding your body with certain food could give your body a strong immune system.
No supplements will prevent you from diseases, so it’s better to keep boosting your immunity by inculcating certain foods. Plan your meal and eat the below-mentioned foods in your daily routine:
- Citrus Fruits: Vitamin C is the key nutrient to increase the production of white blood cells, which are the fighter cells in your body. Most people opt for Vitamin C whenever caught up with a cold because it boosts the immune system. As Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin, so the body couldn’t store it and you need to consume it regularly. Almost all citrus fruits have high levels of Vitamin C. Some of them include Oranges, Kiwi, Lemon, Grapefruit, sweet limes, etc. Learn more about Pre and Post Covid Nutrition Course (Immunity Building and Health Recovery Nutrition Plan)
- Ginger: It is packed with a compound gingerol that is known to carry heat inside the ginger. It is often used by people during cold and sore throats. Ginger is popular to reduce inflammation, nausea, and other inflammatory illnesses. This herb is also used to decrease chronic pains and possess cholesterol-reducing properties.
- Sunflower Seeds: Being a good source of magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin B 6, and vitamin E, sunflower seeds help in maintaining and regulating the immune system. These seeds are rich in selenium, a nutrient that is known to combat viral infections like swine flu.
- Kefir: It is a fermented drink that has live bacterias that enhance gut health. Drinking kefir regularly boosts the immune system. Also, kefir helps to reduce inflammation, increase the antioxidant activity in the body and fights bad bacteria.
- Red bell peppers: When we talk about Vitamin C, the first thing that comes to anyone’s mind is citrus fruits but Red bell peppers contain three times more Vitamin C than oranges. Besides Vitamin C, red bell peppers are rich sources of Beta carotene. These bell peppers help to boost the immune system, maintain healthy skin, and keep your skin and eyes healthy. Learn more about Pre and Post Covid Nutrition Course (Immunity Building and Health Recovery Nutrition Plan)
Eating right is a good start to protect you and your family from flu, cold, and other infections. Moderation and variety are the steps for proper Nutrition. Eating only one food regularly won’t be enough to boost immunity and help to fight infections. Portion size and daily intake should be monitored properly so that you do not get one vitamin too little and too much of others.